Monday 27 February 2012

OCD and reading lists

When I was younger my OCD was worst than it is now. I'm not really sure if it would even be clinically classified as an obsessive-compulsive disorder. But I had ticks, such as having to flip through every single channel on the television before settling on the one channel I wanted to watch "The Simpsons" on, or touching every corner of the sofa so as not to favor a single spot. Weird, right?

Nowadays, however, the vestiges of my obsessions has been confined to creating lists. I make them for everything. List of my favorite books, list of book recommendations (which I'm going to compose and post on the blog every day), list of books I own in my library (color-coded to differentiate between having read them), and even lists of books I've read in the course of a year.

I thought I'd post one of those lists here. This is the list of books I've read in 2010, the first list I ever created, and its divided into graphic novels and novels, which is a distinction I've kept in tact. I think 2010 is the first year where I really started reading as much as I could. I think before then, I'd be lucky to finish five or six books in a year. I like opening these old documents and remembering the times and places I spent reading each one. There's some fond memories there. Because of some formatting errors, the numbering went foul, but final count for 2010 is 75 books.

Identity Crisis by Brad Meltzer
Spider-Man Blue by Jeph Loeb
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Long Way Home by Joss Whedon
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Twilight by Brad Meltzer
Fray by Joss Whedon
Spike: Asylum
Angel: After the Fall 1
Angel: After the Fall 2
Angel: After the Fall 3
Angel: After the Fall 4
Blackest Night by Geoff Johns
Blackest Night: Rise of the Black Lanterns by Geoff Johns
Blackest Night: Black Lantern Corps vol.1 by Geoff Johns
Blackest Night: Black Lantern Corps vol. 2 by Geoff Johns
Blackest Night: Green Lantern by Geoff Johns
Blackest Night: Green Lantern Corps by Geoff Johns
Blackest Night: Tales of the Corps by Geoff Johns
Runaways: Dead Wrong
Runaways: Rock Zombies
Runaways; Homeschooling
NYX: No Way Home by Marjorie Lui
Catwoman: When in Rome by Jeph Loeb
Daredevil Yellow by Jeph Loeb
Mighty Avengers: Ultron Initiative by Michael Bendis
Pride of Baghdad by Brian K. Vaughan
Freakangels vol. 1 by Warren Ellis
Freakangels vol. 2 by Warren Ellis
Freakangels vol. 3 by Warren Ellis
Freakangels vol. 4 by Warren Ellis
Freakangels vol. 5 by Warren Ellis
Spiderman: Red-Headed Stranger
Spiderman: Return of Black Cat
Serenity: The Shepherd’s Tale by Zach Whedon
Siege by Bendis
Runaways: Live Fast
Runaways: Dead End Kids
Grimm Fairy Tales: Escape from Wonderland
Hulk: Grey by Jeph Loeb
Runaways: Pride and Joy
Runaways: Teenage Wasteland
Runaways: Escape to New York
Runaways: Only the Good Die Young
Civil War: Avengers
Grimm Fairy Tales: Return to Wonderland
Grimm Fairy Tales: Beyond Wonderland
Tales from Wonderland: Vol. 1

King Lear by William Shakespeare
Jarka Ruus by Terry Brooks
Tanequil by Terry Brooks
Straken by Terry Brooks
Illse Witch by Terry Brooks
Antrax by Terry Brooks
Morgawr by Terry Brooks
Pandora’s Box by Iris Johansen
Immoral by Brian Freeman
Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith by Matthew Stover
Star Wars: Attack of the Clones by R.A. Salvatore
Stripped by Brian Freeman
The Watcher by Brian Freeman
Star Wars: Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor by Matthew Stover
Star Wars: The Phantom Menace by Terry Brooks
Die Trying by Lee Child
Children of Hurin by JRR Tolkien
The Rules of Attraction – Bret Easton Ellis
Looking for Alaska – John Green
Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi: Outcast
Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi: Omen
Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi: Abyss
Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi: Backlash
Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi: Allies
Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi: Vortex
Star Wars: Legacy of the Force: Betrayal by Aaron Allston
The Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks
Killing Floor by Lee Child
Gone Tomorrow by Lee Child

No comments:

Post a Comment