Monday 27 February 2012

Day 1: The Gunslinger by Stephen King


Welcome to the first day of 365, where each day I recommend a book, one I’ve read or one still on my To Read List. To start off, we have “The Gunslinger.” It’s short, having been assembled from King’s novellas about Roland Deschain. The novel is the first in his epic magnum opus The Dark Tower series. It was published in 1982 and remains one of the best books I’ve ever read. The character of Roland is an intriguing blend of amoral badassery and unrepentant addict. I absolutely love him, even if, yes, he let his symbolic son fall to his death. King created an unrepentant character worth rooting for.
There was some talk of turning this into a movie with the creators and executive producers of “Lost” attached to it, but now it doesn’t seem likely to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment