Sunday 9 September 2012

Day 12: Game of Thrones by George RR Martin

         I know I haven’t been very consistent with this “book recommendation a day” routine that I’ve been trying to accomplish, but it was a doomed endeavour from the start. At least I do it sporadically. Today, however, I want to recommend Martin’s “Game of Thrones,” which is utterly and unquestionably fantastic. I’ve only very recently started dabbling in his works, but his fantasy epic is monumental and staggering. The breadth and depth of his stories and intricate plotlines dwarfs anything else I’ve ever read in fiction, let alone the genre.
            George RR Martin is famous for developing gritty, realistic fantasy that minimizes fantasy (at least in the first novel) and emphasize the stark reality of medieval times and the different shades of humanity in his characters. This is definitely a must-read for readers interested in dark, epic, realistic fantasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment