Thursday 1 March 2012

Books Are the Perfect Entertainment

Once upon a time, sometime somewhere, in a land long past, Stephen King said, “Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for each dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life.”

I completely agree with him. Every once and a while, we all find ourselves wasting precious minutes of our lives in lineups, in waiting rooms, at bustops, etc. Sometimes I carry around my iPod and listen to music, but for a while now, I've tried to make it my goal to carry a book around with me, especially if I have a backpack to store it. If can listen to music for ten minutes while waiting for the bus to arrive, probably late again, why not finish a chapter as well? I love books (of course) and reading 100 books in a year has been my goal for a couple years now. The highest I've gotten is 86.

We only have so much time in a day, or a year, or in our lives. Why not make the most of it being productive?

No comments:

Post a Comment